Required Documents While Flying

  • You have to have a photo I.D., your pilot’s certificate, and your medical certificate on you at all times while you are flying 

  • The photo I.D. can be a driver’s license, a passport, or other forms that the FAA finds acceptable 

  • If asked to, you have to provide either your airman certificate, medical certificate, or license plus your photo I.D. to:

    • The FAA Administrator 

    • A representative of the National Transportation Safety Board 

    • Any federal, state, or local law enforcement officer

    • An authorized representative of the Transportation Security Administration

Ready to learn?

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}